CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Halloween quilt top

I pieced the squares together and added boarders to finish the quilt top.


There are a few first in this quilt. It was my first time paper piecing. The jack-o-lantern's nose/cheeks are paper pieced. I liked how clean and crisp the corners were but I didn't like how much fabric was wasted. It will also be the first time that I try a scalloped boarder, but that will come after the basting and quilting. I was excited to get started with that part(not really, as it's my least favorite part), but when I went to get the backing fabric I realized I had left it at home (I'm at the beach for a few weeks). Robbie is coming tomorrow night and will bring it, but in the meantime I've been working on some other projects which I'll post about soon!

2 comments:

Paula said...

I love your halloween quilt. Especially love the witch block, will look great after you applique on the eyes.

I am new to the quilting/sewing blog land, and am organizing a christmas fabric swap, and was wondering if you would be interested in joining in on the fun, if so you can read about it here at, Paula's Crafty Boutique.
Happy quilting

Alix said...

hi miss preston
its allyn

Post a Comment